Thiyama-li is a not for profit organisation. We provide a quality Family Violence Prevention Legal Service that is responsive to the needs of our clients and community.
The primary focus of Thiyama-li is to provide culturally appropriate assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults and children who are victims of family violence, including sexual abuse.
The range of legal and support services offered to victims of family violence and sexual assault include:
- Family Law
- Care & Protection
- Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders
- Victims Support
- Facilitating access to counselling
- Information, support and referrals
- Early intervention and prevention initiatives
- Community legal education
Thiyama-li is committed to providing a quality service which includes the provision of individualised services that are culturally appropriate, accessible, equitable and non-judgmental